CABIN FEVER!

Hmmm. I think everyone should try to help Daddy V!

Sorry, band fans, but it looks like we're in for a long haul. I have at least 2 bets riding on us not being in school for the rest of the week and I think I'm gonna win both bets!

First, some business. This Friday was the deadline for the first PATRIOT GUARD CLINIC but considering the weather, the deadline will be extended to next Tuesday. Past that, we can accept enrollments but we probably can't get a t-shirt in time.

Secondly, in regards to my post on a band song, there seems to be some support for the idea, so let's do some brain-storming and come up with some ideas. It should be a song that could be sung before a contest, not something that we would play. When I was at Haworth, it was a requirement for all freshmen to memorize the song and when we sang it, we circled up with the seniors in the center, then juniors, sophomores and finally the freshmen.

Also, I had at least one vote for "FINIS CORONAT OPUS" as a band motto. This is Latin for "the end crowns the work" which is a good motto for anything we do. The final product should always be a reflection of our work - remember, the final product not the final result. We can control our final product but not always the competitive result!

Talk to me, I'm

Daddy "I Need a Band Song Idea" V

No comments:

Post a Comment