HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY - COFFEE ANYONE?

It's Valentine's Day and a special one for me since it represents the 25th Valentine's Day with my best friend, my lovely wife. (Yeah, Jacques - I think she's hot, too!) For those of you who don't know, my wife was a flute player in the Patriot Band back when we were first attacking the State Fair monster. After she graduated, we started dating and were married in May of 1981. Since then, I could list a thousand occasions when she has done special things for me - special meals, unexpected cards and phone calls, special gifts, etc., etc., as well as a thousand times when I've had to leave her alone to take care of band business. Our house is always clean, clothes are washed and PTO and swim team money is counted (along with band $ on occasion). She amazes me with her computer knowledge ("flying by the seat of her pants" - no formal training), helps me organize my MusicWorks paperwork, drives a 2002 Honda CRV that still looks like it just left the showroom floor, and puts up with cranky teachers, cranky parents and cranky bosses at her full-time job for the Special Needs department in the Jay School Corporation. Did I mention that she's also a great mother? In addition to all of the above, one of the things that she has done for me every day for the last 25 years that I probably don't appreciate enough is fixing me coffee every morning. That's 25 years times 365 days per year (take away band camp week, band trip days - but add extra coffee on days like the last couple) well, you do the math! Those of you who know me know that I love my coffee - not that I'm a coffee gourmet or anything, but I do like my java - fresh and hot! It's funny how the big things that are done for us are always easy to recognize and appreciate but little things like fresh coffee everyday sometimes are overlooked. ☕

"Behind every successful man is a good woman!" Success is relative and I'm comfortable with letting others judge my personal success in life. But whether that judgement is pro or con, let it be known that the woman behind this man is not just good, not just great, but is probably as close to perfection as you will find on God's green earth!

Daddy "Eternal Romantic" V

1 comment:

  1. Amen, BROTHER...preach it! BTW, I love the Russian themed show for next year. Hope I get to see it! I think we played "RCM" in Concert Band at Northern Valley during my french horn "era". Lovely!! (The music...not my french horn playing...although I did get "most improved...")

    ReplyDelete